If you’re like most families, more than half of your household energy is used to keep your home warm during cold weather. Propane furnaces deliver comfortable heat and are a great choice because they:
- Provide more evenly distributed heat than electric heat pumps
- Are environmentally friendly and can help reduce air pollution
- Can reduce your heating bill compared with an electric furnace
A typical family of four uses about 60 gallons of hot water every day. And heating that water for bathing, laundry, cooking and dishwashing is the third largest use of household energy, after heating and air conditioning. Propane water heating provides you with the ability to:
- Heat water fast, so you won’t have to worry about taking a cold shower or running out of hot water
- Heat water efficiently and have a reliable flow of hot water day after day, year after year
- Continue your daily routines during a power outage, since many types of propane water heaters do not need electricity to operate
Almost 65% of new homes have a fireplace or other hearth product, from small wall-hanging gas space heaters to large gas log fireplaces with beautiful wooden mantels. Once you experience a propane hearth product, you’ll find it easy to join the crowd. Propane fireplaces add warmth and elegance to any room, while providing many lifestyle benefits. Homeowners often choose gas fireplaces because they:
- Make a home more attractive and inviting
- Reduce heating costs
- Offer a back-up heat source
- Increase home value
- Are easy and convenient to use
Few things are as enjoyable during summer months as outdoor grilling, and nothing heats a grill like clean, reliable propane.
Propane gas grills are equipped with convenient on/off switches, allowing them to heat up and cool down quicker than charcoal. They also feature temperature regulators for more control while cooking. Allied also offers grill accessories, crab cookers and turkey fryers.
Almost all professional chefs prefer gas for cooking. You will too! With precise temperature control and even-heat distribution, propane cook tops and ovens let you cook like the pros. Propane cooking appliances offer you several advantages for your cooking experience. They:
- Give you better control at your finger tips, leading to more consistent temperature and better prepared food
- Are safer for your family to use due to instant flame turn-on and turn-off capabilities
- Provide superior reliability with low maintenance
Why spend any more time than necessary doing laundry? A propane clothes dryer will dry a load of clothes faster than an electric dryer. Because it’s efficient and economical, you can take a “load” off your mind knowing that your propane dryer:
- Generally costs less to operate than an electric dryer
- Delivers heat quickly and with less static cling
- Produces a moist heat, which means your clothes come out soft and wrinkle-free, and without any discoloration
- Saves wear and tear on your clothes
Pool and spa heaters allow homeowners to extend a season, or in some cases enjoy the outdoors year-round. These thermostat-controlled units burn gas in a combustion chamber and then the heat is transferred to the water so they can easily maintain any desired water temperature, regardless of the weather.
Nearly all American homes will experience a power outage sometime during the year. To some, these outages are considered a nuisance, yet for many, they cause hardships or even health hazards. Propane standby generators can eliminate these worries by automatically continuing the delivery of service to a home during a power interruption. The top homeowner concerns about power loss of more than 24 hours are:
- Food spoilage
- Loss of air conditioning or heating
- Inability to use home-installed medical devices
- Inability to stay informed
- Computer or phone loss
- Loss of security system
Motor fuel cylinders can be used to power forklifts, scissor lifts, floor sweepers, or any other equipment designed to run on propane.
Propane furnaces provide air that is up to 25-degrees-warmer than air from a heat pump, and they have operating lives of 15 to 20 years.
With a variety of styles and both wall-mounted and post-mounted options, propane lighting is an innovative way to complement the design of any home. Unlike electric bulbs, which can burn out or go dark during power outages, propane lights are a steady, reliable way to welcome guests, accent landscaping, and maintain home security. Just as important, today’s light fixtures offer convenience and safety features, such as on-off switches with automatic ignition.
On decks and patios, propane lighting really shines. Choose from a broad selection of tabletop lamps, many of which can operate on a standard camp-style propane cylinder. Meanwhile, you’ll enjoy how tiki torches and pedestal propane lamps can create a great visual statement in your outdoor entertaining spaces. These yard lamps eliminate the smell and residue that oil-burning torches can create, and many can burn for 10 hours or more on a portable propane cylinder.
Don’t let annoying insects distract you from enjoying your outdoor living. Propane-fueled insect control units offer a great way to fend off insects.
Propane space heaters are often referred to as room heaters because they are designed to heat a portion of a building such as a room or living area.
Allied provides propane fuels to industries for tow motors, general manufacturing and heating. Propane powers motors for irrigation equipment and burners for crop drying. It heats entire construction sites through frigid Northeastern winters. Gas stations and campgrounds also depend on Allied for a steady supply of fuel for their recreation-bound propane customers.